Whose So-Called Life Is It Anyway? is the twelfth episode of the third season and the sixty second overall episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Despite a warning from the Witches Council to avoid "charitable magic," Sabrina can't resist trying to liven up an unbelievably tedious evening with Valerie's dysfunctional family by granting a wish that her parents make on a wishbone. Their wish for Valerie to be just like Sabrina, however, backfires as Valerie takes on Sabrina's personality, her appearance and then her magic!
Meanwhile, Salem uses Hilda to get his paintings bought by letting her take the credit. Unfortunately, he takes it too far when he spreads the news that she's died so that his work would get sold for more money.
- Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina Spellman
- Nick Bakay as Salem Saberhagen
- Caroline Rhea as Hilda Spellman
- Beth Broderick as Zelda Spellman
- Nate Richert as Harvey Kinkle
- Jenna Leigh Green as Libby Chessler
- Lindsay Sloane as Valerie Birkhead
- Daniel Hagen as Mr. Birkhead
- Myra Turley as Mrs. Birkhead
- Mary Gross as Mrs. Quick
- Justin Jon Ross as Warren
Uses of Magic
To Make the Birkheads' Wish Come True
(Cast by Sabrina Spellman)
- Their lives are dry, here's what we'll do
- Take whatever they wish and make it come true.
- Mr. Kraft does not appear in this episode.
- Valerie's family is a lot like Clarissa Darling's family in "Clarissa Explains it All," the TV show Melissa Joan Hart starred in from 1991 to 1994. Like Clarissa, Valerie's mom is a health food maniac, her dad is an architect, and she has an annoying younger brother.
- Sabrina (reading the magic book): "Wishbone spells, see Sanders, Colonel." This is a reference to Colonel Sanders, the founder of the Kentucky Fried Chicken fast food chain.
- The episode title is a joke on the TV shows "My So-Called Life" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"
- Sabrina has the words "Todd Dishes" written on the inside of her locker door.
- When Valerie reveals she's a witch, Sabrina ignores the nearest exit outside of the classroom to hide her at her house; although, it is just possible Sabrina is taking a more direct path to her house than going around the school.
- When Valerie loses her powers, her brother returns to normal after being turned into a dingo. This is possibly because nullifying the spell restores history to before the spell was cast while not affecting everyone's memories. Libby who had been previously given bat ears by Valerie was likely restored to normal as well.