Lost at 'C' is the ninth episode of the fifth season and the 106th overall episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Sabrina is distraught when she receives her first "C" ever on a class assignment and turns to Zelda for counseling, but Zelda ends up in a relationship with her teacher Professor Carlin. When Sabrina's grades start to improve, she believes it is because of aunt's doing and not because of her ability.
Uses of Magic
- Sabrina uses Magic to keep from Mr. Carlin from using the bathroom so she could talk to him about her paper at the beginning of the episode. She also used magic to keep him out of his classroom while discussing her 3rd paper in which she received an A. Thinking she only received the A due to Professor Carlin and Zelda dating.
- Hilda, Josh, and Morgan do not appear in this episode. This is the third episode that Hilda does not appear in; it is said during numerous phone conversations with Zelda that she is on jury duty in the Other Realm.
- Professor Carlin tells Zelda that he doesn't like films with subtitles but he liked "The Bonfire of the Vanities." Beth Broderick (Zelda) had a supporting role in that film.
- Sabrina previously got a 'C' in the Season 1 episode "The Great Mistake" and the Season 3 episode "Sabrina, the Teenage Writer," but they were both changed to higher grades in the end.
- The episode title is a play on the phrase "Lost at Sea".
- In this episode, Sabrina wears the same red choker and jacket that she wears in many of the Season Five promotional photos.
- Rafters on the set are visible in the scene where Professor Carlin regrades Sabrina's paper.
- David Starzyk (Carlin) would later appear in Melissa Joan Hart's series Melissa and Joey.