Bada-Ping! is the 8th episode of the seventh season and the 149th overall episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Sabrina catches a special performance by pop star Avril Lavigne and meets a talented musician who she believes is being blackmailed by a gangster. Amanda arrives, revealing her new method of teleporting - through smoke; a method which Sabrina considers a bad habit. After Sabrina is threatened by the gangster, she and Amanda take a trip into the future where she sees her own funeral.
Uses of Magic
To Look into the Future
(Cast by Sabrina Spellman)
- By using pseudonyms instead,
- will I end up alive or dead?
- Many fans have commented on how unusual it is that Sabrina is so badly effected by Amanda's smoke, when she lived with her Aunt Hilda for years without any problems. However, Hilda's magic often immediately dissipated after her spells were cast while Amanda's smoke was much larger and took a while to go out.
- Amanda's magic goes back to its usual form when she next appears in "Soul Mates". This implies that if a witch wants to, she can alter the way her/his magic manifests.
- Evidence of Amanda's maturity comes to light in this episode, as Amanda shows more compassion and sympathy, even worrying about Sabrina's well-being.
- This is the first time in the series that it is discussed whether or not Sabrina will live as long as full witches. She says she might live for centuries because she is a half-witch.
- As with a lot of music used in the series, Avril Lavigne's performance is cut from the DVD release.